Thursday, February 19, 2009

Project Meeting #2

Today was my first time reuniting with my students after student teaching, and the first lesson in my EDLF 545 internship.  The students were really excited about the project and in our whole group instruction, every student was able to contribute a wonderful idea or two for their personal learning goal.  Once learning centers began, I met with each of the four groups and every student was able to come up with their own objective and draw a picture of themselves accomplishing that goal.  Many students were able to begin the writing prompt associated with their picture, which will make tomorrow's lesson run much more smoothly.  Overall, it was a very successful day and I am very pleased with what the students have done so far.

I received 21 out of 22 disclaimer sheets back from the parents, and it looks like I will have 18 students who will be fully participating in the project.  I will be writing to the other parents to assure them I have received their request and intend to honor their decision to exclude their child from the project.  Two students were absent today and I hope that they will be in tomorrow so that they will not miss too much of the project.  Today I also spent time scanning in each child's picture so that they can use it during their writing tomorrow, and I won't have to worry about their lovely work getting destroyed or marked up in the process!

Today went splendidly and I can't wait to go back tomorrow to continue with the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment